MAYENNE WW2
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 ...
Voir le deal

Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944

3 participants

Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944 Empty Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944

Message  Ralph Whitehead Jeu 24 Juin - 23:37

S'il vous plaît excuser mon mauvais français. J'utilise un service de traduction par ordinateur. J'ai joint une photo de Joseph TSGT Greubel, le 16 e régiment d'infanterie, 1re Division. Il a été tué en action le 7 août 1944 près de Mayenne, France. J'espère que quelqu'un sur le forum pourrait avoir des précisions sur ce qui se passait à cette date et aucun renseignement précis sur le sergent Greubel.

Il est enterré au cimetière américain en Grande-Bretagne, Plot I, Row 14, Grave 10. Il était le cousin de ma femme. Son oncle Otto Ernst a été tué en France et en 1918, près de la rivière tout en combattant avec Ourq le 165e d'infanterie américaine. Je tiens à remercier tous ceux qui pourraient être en mesure de fournir des informations sur Joe. Sa photo est mon avatar.

Ralph Whitehead, Fayetteville, New York

Please excuse my bad French . I use a translation service by computer . I Have Attached a photo of Joseph TSGT Greubel, the 16th Infantry Regiment , 1st Division . It Was Killed in action August 7 , 1944 near Mayenne , France. I hope someone on the forum That Might Have details about What Happened On That date Specifying and "any information about Sergeant Greubel .

He is buried the American cemetery in Britain, Plot I , Row 14, Grave 10. He Was the cousin of my wife . His uncle Otto Ernst Was Killed in France and in 1918, near the river while fighting with Ourq the 165th U.S. Infantry . I want to thank all Those Who Might Be Able to Provide Information about Joe. His photograph is my Avatar.

Ralph Whitehead , Fayetteville , New York

Ralph Whitehead
Ralph Whitehead

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944 Empty Re: Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944

Message  Vini Ven 25 Juin - 9:15

Dear Ralph !

I'm so honored to read your research. I have many information about the battle where Joseph Greubel was killed. I try to translate for you that i know. I'm doing research about all the american soldiers who were killed in action in Mayenne area, and i had find the name of Joseph Greubel.

I give you all that i know as soon as possible.

Welcome on our forum, and i can say to you, that we do all the best to help you in your research.

Best Regards,

Vincent
Vini
Vini

https://mayenne-ww2.forumactif.org

Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944 Empty Re: Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944

Message  Vini Ven 25 Juin - 9:46

Dear Ralph,

Joseph Greuble was killed in action in the Battle of Aron, it's a little village at 4 km from Mayenne City.

I had write something about that in the forum, you can read it here : https://mayenne-ww2.forumactif.org/la-liberation-ville-apres-villes-f10/la-bataille-d-aron-t20.htm

I have try to find all the brothers in arms of Joseph Greuble from the 16th Infantry Regiment , killed in Aron. This the name of all of their ( i think they were more of them killed in Aron, but actually, i have find only these ).

1RST INFANTRY DIVISION

16th Infantry Regiment :

BEJIAN JAMES: PVT 12025765 10/08/1944
FULTZ RUSSEL L: PVT 36413019 08/08/1944
GRAHAM WILSON A: SSGT 06/08/1944
GREUBEL JOSEPH F: TSG 6909116 07/08/1944
METZ HENRY R: PVT 36688128 07/08/1944
REMENTER ALVIN C: PFC 33786982 11/08/1944
ROGERS WALTER M: 1LT O-39722 06/08/1944
SELLERS SAMUEL B: SGT 33146574 07/08/1944
SMITH EDWAR A: PVT 32599192 06/08/1944
WILDE WILLIAM W: 32264298 06/08/1944

The battle of Aron one of the most hard battle in Mayenne.

Best Regards,

Vincent
Vini
Vini

Message  Ralph Whitehead Ven 25 Juin - 10:21

Merci pour l'information Vincent, nous avons souvent demandé ce qui était arrivé à Joe. Il avait survécu à l'Afrique du Nord et la Sicile, mais nous n'avons jamais su les détails de la façon dont il a été tué. Mon épouse et moi tenons à vous remercier pour votre aide à la recherche sur l'histoire sur la façon dont il a été tué, je vous remercie.

Ralph

Thank you for the information Vincent, we have often wondered what had happened to Joe. He had survived North Africa and Sicily but we never knew the details of how he was killed. My wife and I want to thank you for your assistance in finding out the story about how he was killed, thank you.

Ralph
Ralph Whitehead
Ralph Whitehead

Message  Vini Ven 25 Juin - 11:07

Dear Ralph',

I continue to research how Joseph Greubel was KIA, if you want i can make a request to the National Archive to obtain is Individual Deceased Personnal File.

Do you have more information about him, is civil life before the war, some photos of him, or personnal note book....

With some members of the forum, we will write biography of some american soldiers killed in Action in Mayenne county.

Here you can find an example of a biography written by Alexis : https://mayenne-ww2.forumactif.org/le-mur-de-la-memoire-f59/nicholas-d-carpenter-hq-co-1st-bn-32nd-ar-mia-14-08-1944-t650.htm

Regards,

Vincent
Vini
Vini

Message  Alexis Ven 25 Juin - 12:04

Dear Ralph,

You knocked at the right door by login into this forum.
Vini and the members of the Mayenne-WW2 association are probably the most capable here in France to search and ID  WW2 US Service Men fall during the liberation of Mayenne county in August 1944.
I personnaly haven't got any information related to the T/Sgt Greubel or his unit but Vini is actually on the good way to search and give you interesting information on Aron battle.
What Vini has mentionned in his previous e-mail is the IDPF (These initials stands for Individual Deceased Personnel File). This file contains the correspondence  between Joseph Greubel's kin and the War Department, generally from 1944 to 1948/49. It brings a lot of information about the personnal effects, the different burial places and all the post-death period until his final burial place but it also could contain interesting info about the circumstances of his death.  Refering to the freedom of Information Act, an IDPF could be requested by anyone who makes the demand, but this file will be lighter when requested by someone who is not linked
to the veteran.
The families can access to much information than Vini or I can.  The National Archives ask no charges for this file to be located and copied but it takes approx. 6 months between the moment you'll received the National Archives interim letter and the time the package might reach you.
If you are interested to get such file for Joseph Greubel, Vini or I would be delighted to give you the good information and the good form to provided to the Nat. Archives.

I look forward to read from you

Alexis
Alexis
Alexis

http://www.ranes1944.org

Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944 Empty Rechercher des informations sur Sgt. Joseph Greubel, 16 des États-Unis d'infanterie, tué le 7 août 1944

Message  Ralph Whitehead Sam 26 Juin - 2:38

Hello Vincent, Hello Alexis,

It does seem that i have come to the right place. I will put together some photographs and a brief background on Sergeant Greubel and send them to you. I would like to see a similar biography for Joe as the one you so kindly showed to me.

I sent for the IDPF last week as a relative of the deceased soldier. I am hoping to see the information the files will provide. I will gladly pass along anything I learn to the both of you and the forum. I will be in contact shortly with the other details about his life and the photographs we have of him. Thank you for everything, this is much more than I ever expected.

Ralph
Ralph Whitehead
Ralph Whitehead

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé